So here are some tips on how to ace your next interview:
1. Tell your story- your resume has already gotten interest from the HR representatives or recruiters, it's your opportunity to go in depth in terms of your brand. When you want to tell a story about yourself, you want to use examples that have happened in the past.
2. Do research- Always be prepared. Understanding the industry and trend itself is great but including their trend, their performance against competitors and challenges as well as their strengths.
3. Listen and proactively ask questions- When you are asking questions to the hiring managers, you are showing the employer that you did your research. It means that you are paying attention. Doing this will drive a connection and conversation with the interviewer and that should work to your advantage.
4. Be yourself- Don't become someone that you are not. Make the hiring manager see your value more despite your differences. They will appreciate you more.
5. Value the little things- Doing things such as being on time, proper dress code, and being friendly are just some things that are keys for a successful interview.
Part time job opportunity of the week: The Herrick District Library is looking for a part time graphic designer in the Community Relations Department at the main library. This position involves using graphic design for publications such as annual reports and print collateral for programs. It requires good customer service and experience with graphic design. Previous photography experience, using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and speaking Spanish is benefical for this position. This position is 20 hours a week making anywhere between $13-$16 an hour. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.