Here are the 2 ways that you can reach potential customers through social media platforms:
1. Identify and capitalize on new trends: An example of this would be Pokemon Go this summer. Created by Niantic Labs and distributed by Nintendo, the app makes kids and adults wander around in search of creatures through their phones. Pokemon Go is being talked about even by people not playing the game, which has made it a major cultural phenomenon in such a short time. Pokémon Go is less than a month old, but it is already experiencing the same levels of daily interaction as Twitter, so brands are looking for ways to be a part of the craze on social platform. This new craze has offered a plethora of tangible benefits to marketers and brands alike to engage with existing as well as prospective consumers.
From cafes and gyms to local restaurants, everyone is jumping on the Pokemon bandwagon to try and engage with their customers in a more interactive way.
2. Creativity: A lot of businesses have used attention in a number of different ways. Some have used different marketing tactics. Other businesses are using social media to engage in their followers at a high level. eBay demonstrated their participation in the Pokemon Go trend by posting a photo on Instagram of Pokemon Goodies placed side by side. Amazon even used a smart marketing technique by showcasing battery dying issues due to the large usage of Pokemon Go. It has helped the brands out in new and exciting ways. Brands are coming up with out-of-the-box ideas to leverage those trends. This shift has helped out those brands to rely more on content creation and other tools than to spend money on advertising that is less time-consuming and efficient.
And here are the internship opportunities for the week:
1. Community Health and Wellness Internship: MetroHealth Hospital is looking for someone to do Community Outreach for their hospital for the Winter 2017 semester. You would be responsible for things such as implementing community health screens, educational classes and events. If you are interested, here is the link below to apply:
2. Communications and Marketing Intern: The GR Scavenger Hunt is looking for someone to manager their social media, do research and create a list of topics that will interest readers, create blog posts, and attends weekly meetings with business owners. Those that are interested should send a cover letter and two references to- firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Grand Valley Lanthorn is currently looking for dedicated, talented students to join our Advertising team as Account Executives. This is a paid position that we are looking to fill immediately, and I was wondering if you could pass along the information to your organization, or any promising students that you would recommend. Here are a few details on the position:
Hours: 10-15 hours/week
Pay: Base + sales commission
Job Description: Looking for creative, dedicated, self-motivated individuals to create and maintain relations with local and national clients, and create advertising campaigns to best fit their needs. Business majors preferred. Sales experience preferred, not required. Can be used as an internship.
To Apply: Submit your resume and class schedule to email@example.com
4. Marketing Intern: Blackford Capital is currently looking for an intern to do there marketing, website management, event planning, and assisting the board of director with anything that they need help on. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Lisa Wight at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, Career Services a Career's at Dominos Event. RSVP by Sunday, October 7th to be entered into a drawing for a $100 Gift Card to be awarded on the day of the event. Transportation will be provided by GVSU for the first 20 respondents requiring it. They will contact you with details.