This week's blog post is going to give you the insider scoop of the social media trends that will occur in 2017 since I am always interested in learning about the current trends of social media marketing. Social media is always evolving since it give it's users new ways to brand themselves. So here are the 7 social media trends that will dominate in 2017.
1. The evolution of Snapchat will result in new opportunities: Snapchat has transformed into major trends for social media marketing. It's given the social media platform a more focused view of communication with a mobile-centric app developments with vertical videos into the mainstream. Expect big things from Snapchat in 2017.
2. Twitter Fatigue will worsen: Has been on the decline for the past few years. It has built itself on fast and bite-sized updates. Users of the social media platform want something new and different with more details.
3. Users will crave more vicarious experiences: Social media users are demanding it for vicarious experiences. It's no longer enough to post your sentiments about an event. You need to show your users what it is like through things such as live video, 360 images, and video.
4. New areas of communication will emerge: Some of the platforms that have existed are now offering things such as customer service, increasing the significance and interaction of exchanges between brands and consumers. Expect to see more diversity of it as more brands are reaching on to their potential.
5. An renaissance in ads will occur: Organic visibility has been declining for a while as social media platforms are forcing more companies to have paid advertising. Increased competition will lead to businesses to come up with creative advertising options.
6. Inspiration and Imagination will become fashionable: These type of posts are starting to become more common since they provide with an artistic nature look. Emotionally changed will bring a lot of consumer attention. Look for it to become valuable in 2017.
7. Brands will choose social platforms according to survival of the fittest: We will be seeing more of a trend toward refinement. More businesses are going to find one platform that will work well for them. As a result, we may see greater stratification between the major platforms of our era.
And here are the internship opportunities for the week:
1. GVSU Recreation is looking for a marketing and special events intern to do their marketing and event planning. If you are passionate about sports, marketing, and event planning, then this internship might be a good fit for you. It is 10 hours a week and it is unpaid. Please visit their website to fill out the online application.
2. The Law Offices of Sean Patrick Cox is looking for a marketing intern to do their social media, public relations, and community event communications. It is unpaid and it is 10-15 hours a week and you can do this for school credit. If you are interested, either email Danielle Mier at email@example.com or call the office at 616-942-6404
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.